After posting on Monday about my favorite red lipsticks (click here if you missed it), it occurred to me it might be a good idea to offer some inspo or guidance on how to complete the whole look especially with Valentines Day coming up. You can’t go wrong with this soft glam eye look with a dummy proof neutral eyeshadow palette like this one by Il Makiage. For an even softer more natural look you could absolutely pair it with a nude lip or even a balm for a little refined no makeup makeup look. It’s so easy to achieve and really pretty for not only Valentines Day, but an office look, girls night out, or even grocery shopping. So many of these products have become such favorites of mine. I have full reviews on some of them such as the Il Makiage palette and the Estee Lauder products which I’ll link here and here.
- I used number #1 in the palette to set my eyeshadow primer down but it is a beautiful satin matte you could also use all over the lid for a more natural day to day look.
- Using a fluffy brush (I use the Morphe M441) I added #2 into the crease, very softly. It’s a pretty pigmented shadow but for this look I kept it soft and diffused and just for adding some slight definition.
- I put #3 the golden shimmer all over the lid with a flat brush (I used the Morphe M425). You can definitely spray it with setting spray for added intensity, but I didn’t even load up the brush that much. Again, I was keeping it as soft as possible and was aiming just for a little sheen. What I love about this palette is that it is so versatile and can achieve both kinds of looks.
- I used an angled brush from a Sephora mini travel kit and took #4 or any dark chocolate brown shade as a soft liner that I winged out very slightly, just defining the upper lash line and the lower lash line from the outer corner and halfway in.
- Mascara: This Estee Lauder mascara has become such a favorite.
- I primed using my moisturizer from Belif, and followed it with some Farsali glass skin primer.
- Next I used a makeup sponge with this Stellar beauty foundation. It is a great dewy and light coverage foundation I always use when I want my skin looking fresh, hydrated, and natural.
- I concealed under the eyes slightly using both the priming side first followed by the concealer side. (I’m not into the huge under eye triangles and don’t use much product. Just a dab under each eye.
- I set my whole face with a fuffy brush and the Becca Hydra Mist Powder. NOTE: Before setting, this is a VERY dewy look with those hydrating and glow enhancing products. Setting brings the dew down a notch, but also makes it last a little longer and will prevent any makeup from transferring. This particular powder is also great for dry skin and doesn’t look cakey.
- I used this Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette for my bronzer/contour mixing both the dark shades, and used the peachy shade as a blush.
- I used this Cover FX highlighter on the cheek bones and above the brow bone in a C shape. This product is such a must for those who don’t like intense highlighters and prefer something natural and soft. Although it is a powder, it is lightweight on the skin and gives an effect like that of a cream highlight.
7. The Red Lip! This is the final touch that makes all the difference to complete this look and makes it more glam for date night. This one is by NARS in the shade Cruella which if you read my last post, you know why I love it so much.
Hope you all have a great Valentines Day Weekend!
For Valentines Day Outfit Inspo check out my recent post here.
Dont forget to check out my full reviews: