Happy Holidays Everyone! I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas for those who celebrated. Here we are at the doorway to 2022. Unfortunately this year is a little too remeniscent to what we have been facing since 2020. COVID cases have surged once again and has impacted many families including my own.
There are so many unknowns going into 2022 and NYE plans are likely looking a little different for everyone. It is an awkward middle ground between things somewhat being open and then there are those who choose to stay low key until the numbers go down again.
Either way we should all put our BEST face forward and celebrate the New Year the best we can. I think that this makeup look is the perfect combination of glittery and festive for New Years Eve, but still subdued if you’re not planning a crazy outing. Even for me who is having their first experimentation with glitter products, I was really happy with how this came out and loved the soft but impactful effect it gave. Stay tuned on a full review of the products I used for this look, coming at you early in 2022.
- I Primed with my Farsali liquid glass primer
- I applied my foundation with a Kabuki brush. I used the Marc Jacobs Shameless Foundation (SO old and no longer available).
- Then I added the Too Faced Born This Way concealer to my under eyes and blended it out first with my fingers to warm up the product and followed up with a concealer brush to blend it further.
- I used my Lily Lolo Bronzer in the usual contour areas. In the hollows of the cheekbones, a little on the perimeter of the forehead and underneath the jawline.
- I used the Wet n Wild blush in Rose Champagne on the apples of my cheeks and brushing backwards blending it in to the bronzer shade.
- I added some Becca Moonstone highlighter to the high points of my cheekbones. (Not too much)
- I used the Born this way concealer to prime the lids
- I used shade Tempura to set down the concealer
- I used the brush the palette came with and added Raw Sienna into the crease
- I used the same brush to pick up Warm Taupe from the palette and added it a little lower into the crease as well as a soft dusting over the lid
- I used the Mellow Glitter Chrome Eyeshadow in Golden Glow with my finger and just tapped a light amount on the center of my lids
- I used the Mellow Gel Eyeliner and the brush it came with to make a wing.
- I used some more of Warm Taupe with a pencil brush on the lower lash line. A very little amount.
- Mascara on the bottom and lower lashes
- I just add a little of the Essence brow gel.
The Lip Combo I used was Mellow Cosmetics Harper Lip Liner and Posh Matte Lipstick.
Let me know what you think of this look! Be sure to check back on Thursday for my last post of the year! I will be sharing some last minute cocktail recipes to serve at your New Years gathering!